Billboard Breakdown – Nov. 23
1. Drake – Take Care – 631,000 - Considering Thank Me Later did roughly 447K first week, it is safe to say Aubrey has not hit the sophomore slump.
11. Childish Gambino – Camp – 52,000 - You know, in all actuality, this number may be more surprising than Drake’s. Then again, the guy is on TV, so it is not exactly like he is this unknown rapper running around attempting to win people over. Still, congrats to that man on putting up these numbers.
17. Webbie – Savage Life 3 – 30,000 - You damn right I purchased a copy. “Mo Ass” is my SH*T!
24. Mac Miller – Blue Slide Park – 25,000 - If Mac gets to 300K, which it is looking like he will do, that W he took last week will look even bigger. He’s got a few choices for singles to run with here, too.
25. Lil Wayne – Tha Carter IV – 25,000 - Wayne may not give a damn about record sales, but that’s not stopping people from buying his stuff. With Drake a few weeks away from platinum, Young Money will have two platinum albums since September by the time Christmas rolls around. Not bad. Not bad at all.
33. J. Cole – Cole World: The Sideline Story – 18,000 - 500K is serious in reach. He could be there by Christmas time. I am still patiently awaiting the next single though.
106. Pusha T – Fear Of God – 4,300 - What’s really going to be interesting is when he first official debut LP drops. That’s what I will be waiting for. Like I said last week though, I’m not mad for Pusha cashing in on the notoriety of this project’s name.