Lil Wayne Talks “6’7,” New Years, Miami Heat & More With Shade 45
With yours truly hosting alongside DJ Drama, Lil Wayne granted his first post-jail interview this morning. This also marked the first time Weezy has ever appeared on Shade 45. There were tons of questions thrown around during the interview and here’s a quick rundown of what was discussed.
– Â Mack Maine confirmed it last week and Weezy did today: the new single is “6’7” with Cory Gunz. Expect that soon.
– Â Some confusion cleared up. There were rumors he would be doing a show in New York. Wayne took to Twitter yesterdayto denounce them. However, he did confirm he would be kicking his feet up alongside Carson Daly and Nicki Minaj to help usher in 2011.
– Saturday Night Live. On December 18, he and Eminem will be performing on the show making it his first television appearance since being released from Rikers last month.
– If you remember, Rolling Stone had Weezy on their cover earlier this year and documented his mindstate before serving his sentence. Apparently they wanted a before/after type thing as he just recently shot the cover to an upcoming issue for the magazine. This will be his third time receiving the honor.
– One of Wayne’s prison letters focused on his excitement for the new look Miami Heat. Yet, when he attends their games, it’s not really LeBron James and Dwayne Wade who speak to him. Rather, the opposing team normally does.
Other special guests to the show also included former NBA All Star and current ESPN analyst Jalen Rose, G.O.O.D. Music’s own and one half of the Clipse, Pusha T, and Sheek Louch,Â who is celebrating his first Def Jam solo release today with Donnie G: Don Gorilla.