The Charts: Billboard Breakdown – 12/8
For all those who have been calling for Soulja Boy’s musical downfall, your prayers may have finally been answered in the form of his third studio album The DeAndre Way and its first week numbers.
Moving close to 13, 400 units in his first week, SB didnâ€™t make a lot of noise on the Nielsen SoundScan report, released today (December 8). Souljaâ€™s last disc, 2008â€™s iSouljaboytellem sold about 45,500 copies in week one.
Curren$yâ€™s new disc Pilot Talk II also debuted on the chart this week. The set moved about 18,400 copies in its first go-round, beating out the ATLien. Last July the first installment of Spittaâ€™s PT series moved 10,700 units in its first week.
In other sales related news:
1. Susan Boyle – The Gift – 272,000 – I still haven’t given this a listen, and probably won’t. That being said, this woman obviously hasn’t gotten the memo selling records is damn near impossible these days.
6. Black Eyed Peas – The Beginning – 119,000 – Like Billboard.com said, I fully expected this to debut at #1. Somehow, someway, they’ll coast to platinum though.
7. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – 108,000 – We all know this will be platinum before long, especially with that “Monster” video looming. What I’m really concerned about, however, is what’s coming 1.1.11.
8. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday – 103,000 – She’s well on her way to gold. And sooner or later we’ll get to hear that “Roman’s Revenge (remix)” with Busta Rhymes & Weezy.
17. Jazmine Sullivan – Love Me Back – 57,000 – More quality music from Jazzy and about the numbers I expected her to put up. If this can get to around the 200K sold mark, this is a win.
25. Chrisette Michele – Let Freedom Reign – 42,000 – Even with the Rick Ross fiasco, I didn’t expect the album to do big numbers. However, this should be a good addition to the archives.